Hip-hop meets self-help in this innovative new book, with lessons on creativity, self-belief, productivity, and more inspired by rap’s most influential voices.
Respected journalist Grant Brydon has interviewed some of the biggest names in hip-hop, from J. Cole to Pharrell Williams. In Life Lessons from Hip-Hop, Grant fuses music journalism and self-help, digging into his archive of interviews from the past decade – as well as exclusive new interviews with the likes of Joey Bada$$, Dreezy, Baby Tate, Wiki, and more – to reflect on the things that some of the most creative and successful artists of our generation have imparted on him about how to live a more fulfilling life.
With chapters covering motivation, creativity, authenticity, reinvention, mental wellbeing and more, the words shared by these influential thinkers will help readers take on their own challenges and inspire simple changes that have major positive consequences.
Some of the lessons include:
- Why Joey Bada$$ believes everyone’s success is different
- How taking time off helped Big Sean reconnect with his passion
- Why Nipsey Hussle advocated for life-long learning
- How Flo Milli made a commitment to her inspiration
- How Mac Miller learned to reinvent himself with every release
With more people in need of inspiration than ever before, this one-of-a-kind book is perfect for those with a passion for music.